Home / Boatwrapping / FAQ
Because it is a quick, economical, durable, aesthetic and reversible solution which protects your boat in turn.
Your boat is a part of your life, why don't you give it a touch of your own personality customizing it and transforming it?
In fact 80-85% of boats are white and the remaining 10-15% are blue. Why not making them outstanding?
MACtac vinyls of the Tunning Film serie allow you to customize your boat with a wider variety of finishes other than original paint. (Bright / matte colors, metal finish, carbon fiber, textured, color gradients ...)
Another aspect to take into account is the cost: boatwrapping is much more cheaper than getting your boat repainted.
Of course it would be damaged, it is just plastic.
Let's assume that your boat gets hit and gets a 30-40 micron scratch:
-Traditional paint offers a 35 micron thickness; as a result of the impact the painting will crack completely and you will clearly see the white gel coat. This will alter the aesthetics of the boat.
- Our vinyls are 100 to 250 microns thick (depending on the chosen type). This will conceal the scratch caused by the impact. The alteration will be much less visible.
We can improve the strength of our vinyls by applying a self-adhesive sheet. (LamShield). This sheet is ultra transparent with a gloss finish. We always recommend it.
That's right! MACtac vinyls are Europe leaders in car wrapping. Now we have adapted the vinyl adhesive to make it water resistant and long lasting in this environment.
It is now possible to customize your car and your boat alike!
It can be applied to virtually all boats.
GEL COAT: The vinyl can be applied directly.
Metal: It can be applied on painted metal.
Aluminum: An adhesion test must be carried out beforehand.
Plastic: Poor adhesion, especially on low energy surfaces such as PE, PP and ABS.
Wood: Low adhesion.
Once the vinyl is applied, we seal the edges with transparent varnish. There is no possibility of water or moisture seeping through.
Durability is conditioned by factors such as UV rays, temperature, salt and water.
Tunning Films will wear out evenly, ranging between 5-7 years depending on the type of vinyl and finish.
MACtac offers a 3 year warranty when we apply the vinyl together with the ShieldLam protector, as long as the work is done by one of our Nautic Partners.
We are one of the authorized Nautic partners of MACtac, so we certify the guarantee of quality in our product and our service.
It will vary depending on the size of the boat, the complexity of the design or the details. On average, boatwrapping takes two days.
Once the work is done, the boat should remain out of the water for 48 hours, guaranteeing the optimal adhesion of the vinyl.
The most important thing to keep in mind is the state of the gel coat. The hull would have to be prepared the way you do if it were to be painted.
In order to apply the vinyl, you need a clean and smooth hull.
The cost will vary depending on the size of the boat, the chosen vinyl and the design.
Anyway, the final cost will be cheaper than conventional painting.
This method is totally reversible, if you get tired of it, it's very easy to get it removed.
Both the look of your boat and the condition of the hull will be the same as it was before applying the vinyl.
The maintenance is the same as with paint, just clean with water and soap. You can apply wax when you feel it is necessary.
For the application of vinyl, the boat should be out of the water. The hull will need to be clean and dry so the vinyl will adhere well.
The wrapped boat must be specially protected so that the vinyl is not damaged when the crane is used. We recommend protecting the part of the hull where the crane will rest.
If the hull has not affected by the damage, it is as easy as applying a patch of the same vinyl.
First we will clean and remove the piece of damaged vinyl, then we will apply a new patch and seal it with the varnish to prevent moisture penetration.
Make sure you choose a good type of vinyl: that will determine its durability and the final finish. The vinyl will be in contact with the sun's rays, temperature changes, salt and contact with water.
This option is completely environmentally friendly, as vinyl doesn't harm the environment. It is considered ECO FRIENDLY and VOC free.
The joints will be noticed depending on the color you choose. However, once looks at boat from a distance, will be really difficult to spot the joint.
As long as the size of the boat allows us, we'll try to avoid joints.